Old Marley was as dead as a doornail.
老马利死得像个门钉
This must be
必须清楚地理解这一点…
...or nothing wonderful can come of this story I am going to relate. …或者我要讲述的这个故事不会有什么精彩的结果
On Christmas night all Christians sing
在圣诞夜,所有的基♥督♥徒都唱歌♥
To hear the news the angels bring
听到天使带来的消息
Thank you, sir.
谢谢,先生
To hear the news the angels bring
听到天使带来的消息
Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐圣诞快乐
Holly! Get your Christmas holly!
霍莉!带上你的圣诞冬青!
Seven years ago today.
七年前的今天
What's that you say?
你说什么?
Mr. Marley died. Seven years ago this very day.
马利先生死了七年前的今天
Would it be too much
会不会要求太多…
...that you return to the work for which I pay you so handsomely? …让你重回我给你丰厚报酬的工作岗位?
Mr. Cratchit!
克拉奇先生!
The fire's gone cold, Mr. Scrooge.
火冷了,史克鲁奇先生
Come over here, Mr. Cratchit.
过来,克雷奇先生
What is this? A shirt.
这是什么?一件衬衫
And this? A waistcoat.
这个呢?一件背心
And this? A coat.
这个呢?一件外套
These are garments.
这些是衣服
Garments were invented as protection against the cold. 衣服被发明用来御寒
Once purchased, they may be
一旦购买♥♥,它们可以无限期使用…...for the purpose for which they are intended.
…为了他们的目的
Coal burns.
煤燃烧
Coal is momentary, and coal is costly.
煤是暂时的,煤是昂贵的
There will be no more coal burnt in this office today.
今天办公室里不再烧煤了
Is that quite clear, Mr. Cratchit? Yes, sir.
很清楚吗,克雷奇先生?是的,先生
Get back to work before I'm forced
在我被迫下结论之前回去工作吧…
...that your services are no longer required.
不再需要你的服务
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Merry Christmas, Bob Cratchit. The same to you, Mr. Fred. 圣诞快乐,鲍勃·克雷奇你也一样,弗雷德先生
Merry Christmas, Uncle.
圣诞快乐,叔叔
I said, merry Christmas, Uncle.
我说,圣诞快乐,叔叔
Humbug.
骗子
Christmas, a humbug, Uncle?
圣诞节,骗子,叔叔?
Surely you don't mean that. I do.
你当然不是那个意思我愿意
What'
圣诞节是什么…
...but a time for
…但是买♥♥东西的时候…
...for which you have no need, no money?
…你不需要钱吗?
Time for finding yourself a year older, not an hour richer. 是时候让自己老一岁了,而不是富足一小时了
If I could work
如果我能履行我的遗嘱…
...every idiot who has "Merry Christmas" on
…每个嘴边挂着“圣诞快乐”的白♥痴♥…
...should be boiled in his
…应该在他自己的布丁里煮…
...and buried with a stake of hollies through his heart.
…用冬青木桩把他埋在心里
Come now, Uncle.
来吧,叔叔
You keep Christmas in your way, and let me keep it in mine.
你把圣诞节挡在你的路上,让我把它放在我的心里
You don't keep it.
你不能留着它
Let me leave it alone then.
那就让我别管它了
Much good it may do you. Much good it has done you.
这对你有好处这对你有很大好处
There are many things in which I might have
在很多事情上我都可以从中得到好处…
...from which I have not profited. Christmas, among the rest.
…我没有从中获利圣诞节,在其他的节日里
But I've always thought of Christmastime as a
但我一直认为圣诞节是个好时光…
...a kindlier, forgiving,
…一个更仁慈,宽容,慈善的时代…
...when men and women see their
…当男人和女人看到他们唯一的同意…
...to open their shut-up hearts freely to their fellow creatures. …向他们的同伴敞开他们封闭的心扉
Though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver into 虽然它从来没有把一块金银放进我的口袋…
...l do believe that it has done me good.
…我相信这对我有好处
And I say, God bless it.
我说,上帝保佑它
Not a sound from you.
你一点声音也没有
And you'll keep your Christmas by losing your situation.
你会因为失去你的处境而保住你的圣诞节
You're a powerful speaker. I wonder you don't go into Parliament.
你是个很有发言权的人我想知道你不去议会
Please don't be angry, Uncle. Come. Dine with us tomorrow.
叔叔,请不要生气来吧明天和我们一起吃饭
Dine? I'd see myself in hell first.
设宴款待?我会先看到自己在地狱里
It would be a great joy to me. And to my wife.
这对我来说将是一个巨大的快乐还有我妻子
Yes, your wife.
是的,你妻子
I'm told she brought little to the marriage. A poor girl.
我听说她没给婚姻带来什么好处可怜的女孩
I love her.
我爱她
And she loves me.
她爱我
Love.
Good afternoon, Nephew.
下午好,侄子
I want nothing from you.
我不想从你这里得到任何东西
I ask nothing of you.
我不问你什么
Why can't we be friends? You are wasting my time.
为什么我们不能做朋友?你在浪费我的时间
I'm sorry to find you so resolute.
很遗憾你这么坚决
We've never had a quarrel, so far as I know.
据我所知,我们从未吵过架
And so I shall keep my good humor and wish you a merry Christmas. 因此,我将保持我的幽默,祝你圣诞快乐
Goodbye. And a happy New Year.
再见祝你新年快乐
How's that fine family of yours? Well. All very well.
你那家人怎么样?好一切都很好
You'll give them my best wishes? Yes, I shall. Thank you.
你会给他们我最好的祝福吗?是的,我会的非常感谢Goodbye, Cratchit. Goodbye, sir.
再见,克拉奇再见,先生
And a merry Christmas.
祝你圣诞快乐
Idiot.
白♥痴♥
And he's made me late to Bushnel.
他让我迟到了
I'm off to the Exchange.
我要去交易所了
Don't lock up a moment early. No, sir.
一刻也不要早锁不,先生
You'll want all day tomorrow, I suppose?
我想你明天要一整天吧?
If it's quite convenient, sir. It is not convenient.
如果方便的话,先生不方便
And it's not fair.
这不公平
If I were to hold back half a crown from your pay
如果我从你的薪水中扣下半克朗…
...you'd think yourself ill-used. But you don't think …你会觉得自己被利用了但你不认为我被利用了…
...when I pay a day's wages for no work.
…当我不工作付一天工资的时候
Christmas comes once a year.
圣诞节一年一次
Poor excuse for picking a man's pocket every 25th of December. 每年12月25日都要掏男人的口袋,这可不是个好借口
But I suppose you must have it.
英文话剧剧本但我想你一定有
Be here earlier the next morning. Yes, sir, I shall.
第二天早上早点来是的,先生,我会的
Make sure. Yes, sir.
确保是的,先生
And a merry Christmas to you. Humbug!
祝你圣诞快乐骗子!
Merry Christmas, Mr. Scrooge.
圣诞快乐,史克鲁奇先生
Don't beg on this corner, boy.
别在这个角落乞讨,孩子
I'm not begging, sir. I'm Tim. Tim Cratchit.
我不是在乞求,先生我是蒂姆蒂姆·克拉奇特
I'm waiting for my father.
我在等我父亲
Tim Cratchit, huh? Well then, you'll have a long wait, won't you?