第三集 后翼弃兵
第三集 辛辛那提州 1963年
Well, now. 瞧瞧这里
Welcome. 欢迎
- Got a cigarette, doctor? - Sorry, I... -有烟吗 医生 -抱歉 我...
I asked for a pleasant room, 我让他们安排个好房间
and I believe they gave me one. 看来他们做到了
- I'm Beth. - Harmon. Kentucky State Champion. -我是贝丝 -哈蒙 肯塔基州冠军
Nice to meet you. 幸会
There are two games a day, and the time control is 120/40. 每天两场比赛 时间是120/40
You get two hours to make 40 moves. 你有两小时时间走40步棋
Welcome to Cincinnati. 欢迎来到辛辛那提
Thank you. 谢谢
And the rook comes to the seventh rank. 象到第七线
That 就在那
that is a bone in the throat. 那可是如鲠在喉
Guy takes one look at this, he pays up, 20 bucks. 那家伙看了一眼棋局 直接给了20元
The Caro-Kann Defense, genuine bummer. 卡罗-卡恩防御 真扫兴
What's wrong with Caro-Kann? 卡罗-卡恩怎么了
It's all pawns and no hope. 全是兵 没希望
Here, look, I'll show you, all right? This is Caro-Kann. 来 我走给你看 好吧 卡罗-卡恩
I'd take the knight. 我走马
You're, um... 你是
Aren't you that kid from Kentucky who wiped out Harry Beltik? 你不就是肯塔基州打败哈利·贝尔蒂克的那孩子吗
If you take his knight, then you double his pawns. 如果你吃他的马 他就叠兵了
If you take his knight, then you double his pawns. 同样颜的两个兵处于一条竖线上
Big deal. Like I said, it's 那又怎样 我说了 全是兵
and no hope. 没希望
Let me show you how you win with Black. 我教你怎么用黑棋赢
Watch this. 看好了
What does White do here? 白棋现在该怎么办
- Queen takes pawn. - Queen takes pawn. -后吃兵 -后吃兵
Rook to king eight. Check. 象到王线4 将军
Queen falls. 后被吃了
- That's Mieses-Reshevsky. - Yeah. -那是米斯对战雷谢夫斯基的棋局 -没错
- From the '30s. - Very good. Margate, 1935. -30年代的 -非常好 马盖特于1935年记载的
White played rook to queen one. 白棋走象到后线1
What else has he got? 他还有什么招
All right, I gotta go. 行了 我得走了
Hey, you know what? 知道吗
Reshevsky, he was playing 雷谢夫斯基走这个开局的时候
back when he was your age, little girl. 大概就是你现在这个年龄
Or even younger. 或更年轻
Are you playing? 你比赛吗
Oh, what, here? 什么 在这吗
Nah, nah. 不 不
Just come through, see some old friends. 就来看看 见见老朋友
And plus, playing too 再说 比太多公开赛
it can only hurt me, you know what I mean? 只让我伤心 你懂吗
Good luck. 祝你好运
- Hello. - Hello. -你好 -你好
Beth Harmon. Where am I playing? 贝丝·哈蒙 我在哪桌
It's table 15, right over there. 15桌 就在那边
- Thank you. - You're welcome. -谢谢 -不客气
- Beth Harmon. - Shit. -贝丝·哈蒙 -见鬼
蠢东西
- Harmon? - What are you two doing here? -哈蒙 -你们在这干什么
Losing mostly. 大部分输棋来着
We're on the university team now. Second and third alternate. 我们现在进大学校队了 二三位替补
Oh, I'm sorry we won't get to play. 抱歉我们没法比了
We're not. You destroy everyone you play, Harmon. 确实 你跟谁比对方都输 哈蒙
- I can only lose so much. - That's the truth. -我可不输不起那么多 -没错
I said slow down! 我说了慢点
Isn't that skating rink a little close to the bowling alley? 这个溜冰场是不是里保龄球道太近
了
nice是什么中文意思Do you mind? 能小声点吗
- Sorry. - It works out. You see, it... -抱歉 -这样很合理 你瞧
It keeps the bowlers cool, and 这能让打保龄的人凉快 然后你就自然而然...
What are you doing? 你在干什么
Replaying my earlier games. 重现我之前的棋局
What on earth for? 这是为了什么
Looking for weaknesses in my play. 寻我棋法里的漏洞和弱点
I see. 这样
And? 然后呢
There aren't any. 没有弱点
Good girl. 乖女儿
It's so much more exciting than I imagined. 这比我想得精彩多了
It's so much more exciting than I imagined. 辛辛那提州公开赛
Did you watch the whole game? 你看了整场比赛吗
Of course. 当然
Beth. 贝丝
When he brought out his rook, then took 当他用象吃掉兵的时候
I thought you were done for. I should have known better. 我以为你要输了 我真是太天真了
Yes, you should have. 对 你太天真了
Elizabeth, 伊丽莎白
aren't you going to introduce me to your friends? 给我介绍下你的朋友吧
Sorry, 不好意思
Matt, Mike, this is my mom. 马特 迈克 这是我妈妈
Mike, nice to meet you. 迈克 幸会
- Nice to meet you. - And I'm Matt. -幸会 -我是马特
- A pleasure. - Nice to meet you. -幸会 -幸会
Well, I don't know about you young people, but I'm famished. 我不知道你们年轻人怎么样 我可饿坏了
There's a restaurant in the hotel lobby. 酒店大堂就有餐厅
- Show us the way? - Sure. -带我们去吧 -好的
I can't make up my mind which one is more handsome. 我说不好他俩谁更帅
I'd like to play in the US Open. 我想参加美国公开赛
You might win it. 你可能赢呢
Would that lead to playing abroad? 那样能出国比赛吗
In Europe, I mean? 去欧洲
No reason why not. They have to know you before they invite you. 没什么不可能 他们必须得知道你才会邀请你
Would winning the Open make them know about me? 赢了美国公开赛能让他们知道我吗
Hell yes! 当然
Benny Watts plays in Europe all the time now 本尼·瓦茨现在一直在欧洲比赛
发布评论