What animal has a head like a cat, eyes like a cat, a tail like a cat, but isn't a cat?  A kitten.(小猫)
What surprising things happen every 24 hours?  Day breaks, but doesn't fall; night falls, but doesn't break. 
What can hear you without ears and can answer you without a mouth?  An echo.(回声) 
What do you know about the kings of France?  They are all dead. 
What question can you never answer 'yes" to"  Are you asleep? 
Why do some old people never use glasses?  They must prefer bottles to glasses. 
You play with this ——(ball)
You eat with this ——(spoon)
You drink with this ——(straw)
You talk with this ——(mouth)
You look with his ——(glasses)
what man cannot live in a house?    什么人不能住在房子里?  简单机械练习题
Key: snowman(雪人)   
What never asks questions but gets a lot of answers?    什么东西永远不问问题但是却能得到很多答案?   
Key: dictionary (字典)
A mouse has a large pocket. What is it?    一种鼠有一个大袋子,它是什么?   
Key: a kangaroo(袋鼠)
You have it.You read it.There're some pictures in it?    你拥有它,你可以阅读它,它有些图片在里面,它是什么?   
Key: book(书)
One story about Jack,an Irishman,who was not allowed into Heaven because he was stingy with his money.
关于万圣节有这样一个故事。是说有一个叫杰克的爱尔兰人,因为他对钱特别的吝啬,就不允许他进入天堂,而被打入地狱。
So he was sent to hell. But down there he played tricks on the Devil (Satan), so he was kicked out of Hell and made to walk the earth forever carrying a lantern.
但是在那里他老是捉弄魔鬼撒旦,所以被踢出地狱,罚他提着灯笼永远在人世里行走。
Well,Irish children made Jack's lanterns on October 31st from a large potato or turnip, hollowed out with the sides having holes and lit by little candles inside.
在十月三十一日爱尔兰的孩子们用土豆和萝卜制作“杰克的灯笼”,他们把中间挖掉、表面上打洞并在里边点上蜡烛。
And Irish children would carry them as they went from house to house begging for food for the village Halloween festival that honored the Druid god Muck Olla.
]为村里庆祝督伊德神的万圣节,孩子们提着这种灯笼挨家挨户乞讨食物。
The Irish name for these lanterns was "Jack with the lantern" or "Jack of the lantern," abbreviated as " Jack-o'-lantern" and now spelled "jack-o-lantern."The traditional Halloween you can read about in most books was just children's fun night.
这种灯笼的爱尔兰名字是“拿灯笼的杰克”或者“杰克的灯笼”,缩写为Jack-o'-lantern 。现在你在大多数书里读到的万圣节只是孩子们开心的夜晚。
Halloween celebrations would start in October in every elementary school.
在小学校里,万圣节是每年十月份开始庆祝的。
An ox and a dog serve for the same farmer.
一头牛和一只狗同时为一个农夫工作。
One day the dog arrogantly says: “How grand I am! In the daytime, I watch out for the cattle in the meadows; at night, I guard the house. But you…”
一天, 狗骄傲地说着;‘我是多么重要啊!白天我在牧场看护家,晚上我看家。而你呢…..?”
“Me? How about me?” the ox says
“我?我怎么啦?“牛反问。
“You can only plough or draw a cart,” the dog slightly says.
“你只会犁地或是拉车。”狗轻微地说。
深圳四海一家“Yes. It’s true,” the ox says. “But if I don’t plough, what do you guard?”
“是的。你说得没有错,”牛回答道。“但是如果没有我犁地,你看护什么呢?”
Adding Eyes to a Dragon
画龙点睛
Mr. Li is a good painter. One day he draws a beautiful dragon without eyes.
李先生是位很好的画家。一天画了一条栩栩如生的龙,但是这只龙没有眼睛
Mr. Zhou looks at the picture and says, “The dragon has no eyes. It isn’t a good picture.”
周先生见了说:“这条龙没有眼睛。这不算一张好画。”
But Mr. Li smiles and says, “If I add eyes to the dragon, it will fly away.”
可是李先生笑着说:“如果我给它加上眼睛,它就会飞走了。”
Mr. Zhou shakes head and says, “You are boasting. I don’t believe you.”
描写学习的成语周先生摇头说:“你吹牛。我不相信。”
Mr. Li isn’t angry. He holds the paintbrush and adds eyes to the dragon. Wow! The dragon really flies.
李先生也不生气,只是拿起笔给龙点上眼睛。哇!龙真的飞走了。
Three Foxes
三只狐狸
Once there were three foxes, they worked together. They lived a happy life.
从前有三只狐狸,他们愉快地工作和居住在一起。
Little by little, the youngest fox became lazy, and often quarreled with the other foxes. The eldest had to leave, and the second fox was driven off, too.万圣节是什么意思?
渐渐地,最小的狐狸变得又懒又坏,经常同其他的两只狐狸争吵,气走了它的大哥和二哥。
Looking at the warm house with a lot of good food in it, the youngest fox smiled.
最小的狐狸得意地住在温暖的房子里享受着丰富的食品。
The eldest fox opened a new hill again. The second eldest fox dug a pool. Two of them because rich soon. The youngest fox ate up the food left by the other two foxes. In the end, it felt so cold and hungry that it could not stand up.
老大重新开了一块小山坡种地。老二挖了池塘,不久他们过上了富裕的生活。最小的狐狸吃完了那些狐狸留下的所有食物,最后又冷又饿连站也站不起来。
校园记者The King and His Stories
国王和他的故事
正规羽毛球场地尺寸Once there was a king. He likes to write stories, but his stories were not good. As people were afraid of him, they all said his stories were good.
从前有一个国王,他喜欢写故事,但是他写的故事很不好。人们怕他,都说他的故事好。