1、Hallie:You wanna know the real difference between us?
荷莉:你想知道我们最大的不同吗?
Annie:Let I know how to fence and you Or I have class and you don't.
安妮:让我想想……我会击剑而你不会。或者说,我有气质而你没有
2、Hallie:I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. I'll make you a little deal: Loser jumps into the lake after the game
荷莉:告诉你我要做什么,我跟你谈个条件:谁输了谁就得跳进湖里。
Annie:Excellent.
安妮:很好。
Hallie:But naked.
荷莉:而且要脱个精光。
Annie:Even more excellent. Start unzipping, Parker.
安妮:这样更好。开始脱吧,帕克。
Annie:[revealing her hand to Hallie] Straight, in diamonds.
安妮:(把牌面摊开给荷莉看)顺子,方块。
Hallie:You're you're just not good enough.[revealing her hand to Annie]
In your honor, a royal flush.
荷莉:你很厉害,詹姆斯。不过……你还是没我厉害。(摊牌给安妮看)你输了,同花大顺。
3、Hallie:So if your Mom is my Mom and my Dad is and we're both born on October 11th, then you and sisters.
荷莉:这么说,如果你妈妈就是我妈妈,我爸爸就是你爸爸,我们都出生在10月11号,那我和你就……就是妹了?
Annie:Sisters? Hallie, we're like twins!
安妮:妹?荷莉,我们是双胞胎!
4、Hallie:I'm sorry, it's just I've missed you so much.
荷莉:对不起,我只是太想你了。
Elizabeth:I know, it seems like it's been forever.
伊丽莎白:我知道,这就像是一辈子没见似的。
Hallie Parker
Hallie:You have no idea.
荷莉:一点都不夸张。
5、Annie:Do you want to know why l keep saying ''dad''?
安妮:你想知道为什么我总是叫你“爸”吗?
Nick:The truth? Because you missed your old man so much, right?
尼克:是因为,你太想念你老爸了?
Annie:Exactly. lt's because in my l mean, you know, for the past eight weeks.l was neverable to say the word ''dad.'' Never. Not once. And if you ask me, a dad is an irreplaceable person in a girl's life. Think about it. There's a whole day devoted to celebrating fathers. Just imagine someone's life without a father. Never buying a Father's Day card, never sitting on their father'ver being able to say, ''Hi, Dad''
or ''What's up, Dad'' or ''Catch you later, Dad.'' l mean, a baby's first words are always ''dada,'' aren't they?[3]
安妮:对极了,在我这一生中……我是说这八个星期里都没机会叫一声爸,一次都没有。如果你问我,我会说,爸爸在女儿心目中的地位是不能被代替的,这就是为什么父亲节存在的原因。想象一下,一个没有爸爸的孩子的生活:从来不能买父亲节卡片,从来不能坐在爸爸的腿上撒娇,或说声“你好,爸爸”,或是“怎么了,爸”,还有“再见,爸爸”。一个婴儿学会说的第一句话就是爸爸,对吗?
6、Nick:Okay, I want to know what you think about making Meredith part of the family?
尼克:好了,亲爱的。你觉得让梅莉黛成为这家的一份子怎么样?
Annie: Part of our family?I think it's an awesome idea. Inspired. Brilliant really.
安妮:一份子?我觉得这主意棒极了,真的。
Nick:You do? Really? You do?
Annie James
尼克:你真的这么想?真的?
Annie:Totally, it's like a dream come true. I've always wanted a big sister.
安妮:当然,我的梦想终于成真了,因为我一直想要一个大。
Nick:Oh... um... Honey, I'm think you're kind of missing the point.太想念
尼克:亲爱的,我看你是误会了
Annie:No, I'm not. You're gonna adopt Meredith. That is so sweet, Dad.
安妮:没有,你要领养梅莉黛?你真好心,爸爸。
Nick:No, I'm not going to adopt her. I'm going to marry her.
尼克:不,我不是要领养她。我要娶她
Annie:[enraged]Marry her? That's insane! How can you marry a woman young enough to be my big sister?(She yells in French)Mais tu plaisantes, j'espère. Meredith, ce n'est pas une fille pour toi. Mais c'est pas possible, je rêve. Qu'
安妮:(当场发飙)娶她?!你疯了吗!你怎么能娶一个只能做我的人呢?(法语)你在开玩笑吧!梅莉黛她,她根本不适合你,这太荒唐了!不可能!这……
Nick:Hal, Hal, Hal. Calm down, Hal! Are you speaking French?
尼克:荷莉!荷莉!荷莉!冷静点!你在说法语?
Annie:I... I learned it at camp. Ok, I'm sorry. Let's discuss this calmly. Calmly and rationally.
安妮:我……我在夏令营学的……好吧,对不起,让我们冷静地、理性地谈一下行吗?
Nick:Yeah and in English if you don't mind, right? Sweetheart what has gotten into you?
尼克:好吧,但用英语行吗?我的宝贝你到底怎么了?
Annie:Nothing, nothing, Dad, you can't get married! It'll totally ruin completely everything!
安妮:没什么,只是……只是……爸爸!你不能跟她结婚!那会把一切都毁了的!
7、Elizabeth:You're not Annie?
伊丽莎白:你不是安妮?
Hallie:That would be correct.
荷莉:我不是安妮。
Elizabeth:You're Hallie?
伊丽莎白:你是荷莉?
Hallie:I am. Annie and I met up at camp and, and we decided to switch places. I'm sorry, but I've never seen you and I've dreamt of meeting you my whole life and Annie felt the exact same way about Dad so, so we sort of just switched lives. I hope you're not mad because I love you so much, and I just hope that one day you could love me as me, and not as Annie.[3]
荷莉:是的。安妮和我在夏令营认识了,所以我们决定换一下。对不起,我从来没有见过你,一直梦想能见到你。安妮也想见到爸爸,所以我们就换了身份。我希望你不要生气,因为我太爱你了,我希望有一天你能够像爱安妮一样,爱我。
Elizabeth:Oh darling, I've loved you your whole life.
伊丽莎白:哦,宝贝,我这一生都很爱你。
8、Hallie:His and hers kids. No offense, Mom, but this arrangement really sucks.
荷莉:我们又不是物件,妈妈。这样的安排(法律上两妹被分开抚养)太糟糕了。
9、Nick:I'm going to take the lead. You two help Meredith.
尼克:我在前面,你们俩帮帮梅莉黛。