看电影学英语 The Pursuit Of Happyness 《当幸福来敲门》
-Chris: Time to get up, man.
该起床了。
-Christopher: All right, dad.
好的,老爸。
-Chris: Come on.
快点。
-Christopher: Should be here soon. I think I should make a list.
马上来了,我想我该列个表。
-Chris: What do mean? For your birthday gifts?
干嘛?想要的生日礼物?
-Christopher: Yeah.
对呀。
-Chris: You know you're only getting a couple of things, right?
你知道只能要几个礼物,对吧?
-Christopher: Yeah, I know. Just to look at and study so I can choose better.
知道啊,我只想列出来看看,研究一下,好好选选。
-Chris: Okay, well, that's smart. Yeah, make a list. Can you spell everything you're thinking of?
哦,很聪明,那就列吧,想要的礼物你都会写吗?
-Christopher: I think so.
应该吧。
-Chris: All right. That's good. How you doing in here, man?
哦,很好。小伙子,你还好吧?
-Christopher: Okay. Can we go to the park today, after?
还好,我们今天能去公园吗…在上完幼儿园后?
-Chris: No, I gotta go to Oakland. Well, maybe, we'll see. Give me a kiss. I'll talk to you later.
呃…我还得去Oakland,或许…再说吧,亲亲。晚点再说。
Excuse me. Oh, when is somebody gonna clean this off? And the Y? The Y. We talked about this.
借过,对不起…呃…什么时候会人清洗一下?我提过的,幸福的“幸”写错了。
It's an I in "happiness." There's no Y in "happiness." It's an I.
happiness: 幸福
这里写成了辛苦的“辛”。
I'm Chris Gardner. I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old.
我是Chris Gardner,我第一次见到我父亲时,已经28岁了。
And I made up my mind as a hat when I my children were gonna know who their father was.
我儿时就决定,将来我有了孩子,我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁。
This is part of my life story. This part is called "Riding the Bus."
这里讲述的是我人生故事的一部分,这部分叫做…“搭公车”。
-Man: What's that? It's a time machine, isn't it? Seems like a time machine.
那是什么?是架时光机,对吧?看起来是时光机。
That seems like a time machine. It's a time machine. Take me with you.
像是时光机,是时光机,能带上我吗?
-Chris: his machine on
这仪器…我膝盖上的这台仪器…
-Man: This guy, he has a time machine. He travels in the past with this
这伙计,他有架时光机。他…他…他…用时光机穿梭到过去。
-Chris: It is not a time machine. It' a portable bone-density scanner. A medical device I sell for a living.
portable: 手提式的 bone: 骨骼 density: 密度 scanner: 扫描机 device: 设备 for a living: 为…谋生,为了生存
这不是…时光机,而是手提式骨质密度扫描仪。是医疗器材,我就靠卖这个过活。
Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it with you. I appreciate it.
opportunity: 机会 discuss: 讨论 appreciate: 感激
谢谢您给我这个机会,向您推介这仪器,我不胜感激。
-Doctor: We just don't need it, Chris.
我们真的不需要,Chris。
It's unnecessary and expensive.
unnecessary: 不必要的
没多大用处而且还很贵。
-Chris: Well,
哦,或许下次…
-Doctor: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Chris: It gave a slightly denser picture than an x-ray for twice the money.
slightly: 些微的 dense: 密集的 x-ray: X射线
它比X光机显像更精确一点点,但却贵了一倍。
-Linda: Hey.
嘿。
-Chris: Hey, baby.
嘿,宝贝。
-Linda: what happened?
怎么啦?
-Chris: No, nothing. Look, I can't get Christopher today.
没…没事儿,只是…我今天不能去接儿子。
-Linda: Oh, no, you don't, Chris. I'm back on at 7.
你得去,我七点还要上班。
-Chris: I know. I have got to go to Oakland.
我知道,但我一定要去Oakland。
-Linda: So I gotta get Christopher home, feed him, him in bed, and be back here by 7?
feed: 喂 bathe: 沐浴
所以我得先接他回家,做饭,给他洗澡…哄他睡觉,然后七点前回到这儿?
-Chris: Yes.
对。
-Linda: And we got the tax-bill notice today. What are you gonna do about that?
今天收到了税单,你说怎么办?
-Chris: Look, this is what we gotta do. You see that car? The one with the pretty yellow shoe on it?
听着,就这么办。看到那车了吗?那辆穿着漂亮黄鞋子的车。
That' mine. There' no parking near hospitals. That' what happens when you're always in a rush.
那是我的车,医院附近不准停车,赶时间的结果就是这样。
Thanks anyway. Very much. Maybe next quarter.
娱乐电影quarter: 一季度
还是非常谢谢你,或许下个季度。
-Doctor: It's possible.
可能哦。
-Chris: I needed to sell at least two scanners a month for rent and daycare.
at least: 至少 scanner: 扫描仪 rent: 租金 daycare: 日间照管儿童
我每个月至少得卖两台,才够付房租和幼儿园费。
I'd have to sell pay off all of those tickets under my windshield wiper. The I haven't sold any for a while.
windshield: 挡风玻璃 wiper: 刷
还得再卖一台…才够付车窗上的那些罚单,问题是…我很久没卖出一台了。
Since when do you not like macaroni and cheese?
macaroni: 通心粉 cheese: 乳酪
你什么时候开始不喜欢通心粉加奶酪的?
-Linda: Since birth?
从…我出生开始?
-Chris: What’s that?
这是什么?
-Linda: What?
呃?
-Chris: What is this?
这是什么东西?
-Linda: It's a gift for Christopher.
Christopher的礼物。
-Chris: From whom?
谁给的?
-Linda: Cynthia From work. It's for adults. Chris can't use it. She didn't know.
我同事Cynthia,她不知道这是给大人玩的,Christopher还小。
发布评论