And so, we come to perhaps the bloodiest chapter
下面是中西部悠久而暴♥力♥的历史中
in the long and violent history of the midwest region. 或许最血腥的一起案件
And here, I'm speaking of Luverne, Minnesota, 1979 -- 即1979年明尼苏达州卢文市发生
commonly referred to by laypeople
一般人称之为
as the massacre at Sioux Falls.
苏福尔斯大屠♥杀♥事件
Readers will know that I've chosen
虽然我将这一案件
to file this case as a Minnesota crime,
定性为明尼苏达州案件
even though most of the murders took place
但其实大部分谋杀事件
in North and then South Dakota.
是发生在南北达科他州的
But I believe the key to understanding
但我认为理解这一
this complex and nuanced crime is to look
复杂微妙案件的核心
at the butcher and small-town beautician at its center. 是理解此案核心人物屠夫和美容师
Ed and Peggy Blumquist were just 29 years old
在生活被永远改变的那晚
on the night their lives changed forever.
艾德和佩吉·布朗奎斯特只有29岁
Not much is known about Ohanzee Dent.
关于奥汉奇·邓特我们所知不多
We have no birth certificate,
我们没有他的出生证明
no tribal or family history.
也不知道他的部落或家庭历史
He was the Gerhardts' man.
他是格哈特家族的人
虐杀原形2配置
Or he had been,
或者说曾经是直到...
Jesus Christ, mongrel.
天啊你个
Just shoot these two and get me to a goddamn hospital.
开打死他俩送我去医院
So, this what all the fuss is about?
这一切就为了他俩吗
Yes, sir.
是长官
Blumquist, Mr. and Mrs.
布朗奎斯特先生和太太
Took flight from Minnesota two days past.
两天前从明尼苏达跑来的
They don't look like much.
他们看上去没那么厉害
You don't look like much.
你们看上去没那么厉害
We're realized.
我们知道
What -- what's she sayin'?
她说什么
Says she realized somethin'.
她说自己知道什么
Realized what? That you're up a tree without a paddle? 知道什么知道你们简直无法无天吗
It's a tri-state deal here, J.C.
这是个横跨三州的案子  JC
We're talkin' bodies for miles.
死了好多好多人
Not just some dead hooligan in a cabin.
不是哪个小屋里死了个小流氓
It's a goddamn shootin' war.
而是一场战
Yeah. I know. We got 'em, too.
我知道这里也有帮派
Organized crime.
有组织犯罪
W-what the heck are you doin' here with -- with that one? 那边那个是怎么回事
The eldest Gerhardt boy -- Dodd.
格哈特家的大儿子多德
He came to the house after Peggy,
他尾随佩吉到了我们家
and she knocked him on his ass.
她就把他砸倒了
So, I thought maybe trade him back to the family.
所以我就想拿他跟他家人交换
Make a deal for us to go.
放我们走
A fresh start.
我们重新开始
We're on a journey.
我们在旅行
Can we just --
我们能...
While we're skippin' down memory lane here,
先不要回忆了好吗
it's worth notin' that the Gerhardt Indian
格哈特家的那个印第安人
is out there free -- probably callin' for reinforcements. 现在正逍遥法外说不定在叫援兵呢
So if I
所以如果换做我...
II stabbed him. ... I'd get them out of here.
我捅了他我会先带他们离开
Or cover 'em in bacon and leave 'em for the dogs.
或者把他们用培根裹好留给野狗吃
I stabbed him -- the Indian.
我捅了那个印第安人
He wanted a haircut,
他想剪头发
and I stabbed him with the scissors.
我用剪刀捅了他
In the back.
他背上
Boy, she makes us look like
天啊她让我们看起来
the gang that can't u202dshoot straight, doesn't she? 像连都打不好的地痞流氓
Our beautician.
我们的美容师
It's worth mentionin', you know,
值得一提的是
in the spirit of
本着充分披露的精神...
...uh, my plan -- it worked.
其实我的计划奏效了
I made a deal for Dodd.
我拿多德达成协议了
With what? The Gerhardts?
跟谁格哈特家族吗
No. They -- they -- they wouldn't.
不是他们...不愿意
They said u202dthey weren't interested.
说不感兴趣
That's what they -- that's what they told me.
他们...是这么告诉我的
So, I called Kansas City.
所以我打给了堪萨斯城
You did what?
什么
I spoke to this fella -- Milligan --
跟一个叫米利根的谈了谈
And he said he'd protect us if we gave him Dodd.
他说我们把多德给他就保护我们
So got a meeting set at 8:
所以我们约好上午八点见面
Where?
在哪见
Sioux Falls.
苏福尔斯
They're comin' here?
他们要来这里吗
Yes, sir -- to the Motor Motel.
是去汽车汽车旅馆
We need to get these two into custody now.
我们得马上拘留这两个人
Where's the nearest precinct?
最近的警局在哪
Tell 'em.
告诉他们
We can't vouch
问题是
for the safety of the precinct, is the thing.
我们不能担♥保♥警局安全
What kinda chickenshit outfit ya runnin' here, J.C.?  Zip it. 你管的是什么破警局  JC  闭嘴
I don't drive to your backyard
我可没在你家
and talk about u202dhow all your heads are flat.
对你到处指指点点
What does that mean, you can't vouch for the safety?
什么叫不能担♥保♥安全
We got graft, I'm sayin'.
意思是有人渎职
Money changes hands.
收受贿赂
Used to be Gerhardt money. Now it's Kansas City.
以前是格哈特家现在是堪萨斯城的钱
Corruption?  Allegedly.
腐♥败♥吗据说是
But -- well, ya bring these two into custody,
你要是拘留他们两个
can't guarantee they won't hear about it down in Kansas City. 我不敢保证堪萨斯城收不到风声
And you know they'll send, like, an army.
你知道他们会派一大帮人来
So, we take 'em north,
那就把他们押去北州
someplace where people got their heads on straight.
去个警♥察♥头脑还清醒的地方
My state. My prisoners.
我的州我的犯人
Well, wherever we're takin' 'em, we need to go soon.
不管押他们去哪都要抓紧
I've been under siege once this week.
我这周已经被包围一次了
Not really interested  There's a third way.
没兴趣...  还有个办法
We wire the redhead.
给那小子戴窃听器
Send him into the meeting with this Milligan fella,
派他去跟米利根那家伙会面
get the conspiracy on tape.
录下他们的阴谋
If we're lucky, u202dwe bust the whole operation.
如果走运能把他们一窝端
No.