看Desperate Housewives学英语第五季 9集:Me and My Town
Previously on Desperate Housewives
previously: 以前(预先)
前情提要...
-Mary Alice: Porter'
affair: 事件
Porter的风流韵事...
-Anna: Your son loves me, and I love him.
你儿子爱我,我也爱他。
-Mary Alice: Escalated into violence.
escalate: 升高,增强 violence: 暴力
升级成了暴力事件。
-Porter: Hey, Warren.
嘿 Warren。
-Warren: Yeah?
嗯?
-Porter: I don't care what it takes. You're dead.
我豁出去了,你死定了。
-Mary Alice: But the full extent of Dave's rage
extent: 延伸 rage: 愤怒 realize: 意识到
Dave的盛怒...
-Edie: Fire!
起火啦!
-Mary Alice: During the battle of the bands.
battle: 斗争 band: 乐队
在乐队争霸赛中泄发了出来。
-Dave: Mike!
Mike!
-Mary Alice: And out of the tragedy came a hero.
tragedy: 悲剧
英雄从这场惨剧中"挺身而出"。
-Dave: Hang in there.
hang in there: 坚持
挺住啊,
I'm not done with you yet.
我跟你还没完呢。
-Mary Alice: Something awful happened to
awful: 可怕的
Gabrielle Solis很不顺心...
And she was reminded of this every time she looked in
remind: 提醒,使想起 mirror: 镜子
每次对镜照望时她就会想起...
Every time she glanced at an
glance: 瞟见
每次瞥见旧相片时...
And every time she walked past a man.
每次经过男人身旁时...
Yes, Gabrielle knew she had lost her looks.
没错,Gabrielle明白她风韵已逝,
But she tried her best to look on the bright side.
on the bright side: 好的方面
但她尽力朝好的方面看,
After all, what woman needs to
after all: 毕竟
毕竟,当丈夫失明时...
When her husband is blind?
blind: 瞎的
女人还需要美貌么?
-Gaby: Hi, sweetie.
sweetie: 情人,爱人
嗨,宝贝,
How's our patient?
patient: 病人
我们的病人怎样了?
-DOC: Well, he took a pretty nasty fall in the fire last night.
nasty: 险恶的 fall: 摔倒,跌倒
他在昨晚的火灾中摔得不轻,
But, uh, the C.T. scan shows no bleeding or swelling.
CT: computed (computerized) tomography【医学】计算机化层析X射线照相术,计算机断层X线扫描术,CT扫描(=CAT) scan: 扫描 swelling: 肿块
呃,但CT扫描未发现淤血和肿块。
-Gaby: That's it? No concussion?
concussion: 震荡
就这样? 没有脑震荡?
-DOC: Actually, there is something.
事实上,有点发现。
-Carlos: Please tell me it's not my hearing.
hearing: 听力
王子文真实年龄是多少拜托别告诉我丧失听力了,
I'm already down to four senses.
down: 处于身体上(或健康)的低落(或疲惫)状态 sense: (人类器官的)感觉,感知
我已经只能依靠四种感官了。
-DOC: The scan revealed a tiny bone fragment that may be putting pressure on the optic nerves.
reveal: 泄露 fragment: 碎片 pressure: 压力 optic:
视觉的 nerve: 神经
扫描发现有个小骨碎片挤压了视觉神经。
-Gaby: And, what you're afraid it's gonna impair his vision?
impair: 损坏 vision: 视力
怎么,你担心会损坏他的视力?
I'm sorry. You were saying?
不好意思,你要说什么?
-DOC: The bone fragment might be a remnant from your injury five years ago.
remnant: 残留物 injury: 受伤
那个骨片可能是你五年前受伤的残留物,
Due to its small size, the original scan might have missed it.
due to: 因为,由于 original: 原来的,原本的
三江由于它体积小,以前扫描可能没发现。
-Carlos: Mm, five years. Can't we just leave it?
leave: 搁置;不管;忽略;暂不解决
都五年了,我们能不管它吗?
-
DOC: Actually, there is a chance if we remove that bone fragment, you could regain your sight.
chance: 机会 remove: 移除 regain: 重新得到
事实上,如果我们移除那块骨片的话,有机会复明。
-Carlos: Are you serious?
当真?
-Gaby: That's fantastic!
fantastic: 好极了
那太妙了!
-DOC: I'm not promising a slam dunk here.
promising: 有前途的 slam dunk: 肯定会发生的事情 slam: 猛然 dunk: 扣篮
我可不保证十拿九稳,
I'm just saying it's possible.
我只是说有可能。
-Carlos: Doc, two days ago, I spread moisturizer on a cracker.
spread: 涂,敷 moisturizer: 面霜 cracker: 饼干
医生,两天前我都给饼干涂润肤霜了,
I'd kill for "possible."
我死都不会放过任何可能。
-DOC: I've spoken with Ted Daniels.
我和Ted Daniels说过了,
He's the best eye surgeon in the state.
surgeon: 外科医生
他是全美最好的眼外科医生,
He says he could fit you in for surgery in about a month.
fit in: 给…安排时间 surgery: 手术
他说可以在一个月左右安排你手术。
-Carlos: Oh, my god.
哦,天哪,
If this works, I’ll finally be able to see my little girls and my gorgeous wife.
finally: 最终的 gorgeous: 出众的,漂亮的
如果手术成功了,我就能看见女儿和娇妻了。
This is unbelievable! Thank you.
unbelievable: 不可思议的
太不可思议了! 谢谢你。
Doctor, thank you very much.
医生,非常感谢。
-Mary Alice: Yes, Gabrielle Solis knew she had lost her beauty.
没错 Gabrielle Solis明白她风韵已逝,
She also knew the time had come to get it back.
她也清楚重拾美貌的时候到了。
There was a fire in the town of Fairview,
美景市发生了一场火灾,
And those who had been injured came to recover at Fairview memorial hospital.
injure: 伤害 recover: memorial: 纪念
受伤的人在美景市纪念医院疗治,
By morning, their burns had
burn: 烧伤,灼伤 bandage: 包扎
截止早晨,他们的烧伤已被包扎好...
Their broken bones had been set.
set: 【医学】(断骨、错位骨)复位;愈合
他们的断骨已被接上,
And their wounds had begun healing.
w
ound: 伤口 heal: 治愈
他们的伤口也开始痊愈。
Yes, everyone was well on their way
recovery: 恢复 on one’s way: 在…的过程中
没错,大家都在顺利恢复...
Except for the man who had started the fire.
除了那个放火的人,
You see, his suffering was just beginning.
suffering: 痛苦
看见没,他的痛苦才刚刚开始。
-Dave: Sorry.
对不起。
-Collins: That's all right.
没关系。
Are you Dave Williams?
你是Dave Williams?
-Dave: Yeah.
正是。
-Collins: I'm detective Collins. This is detective Lyons. You have a moment?
detective: 侦探
我是Collins探员,这是Lyons探员,你有空吗?
-Dave: Why?
有何贵干?
-Collins: We wanted to talk to you about the fire at the White Horse bar.
我们想跟你谈谈白马酒吧的火灾,
We've been interviewing everyone who was there last night.
interview: 采访,询问
我们在询问昨晚在场的每个人,
We were told
我们从Orson Hodge口中得知...
Orson Hodge that you were on stage with the band when the fire broke out.
on stage: 正在表演 break out: 爆发
起火时你和乐队正在台上表演。
-Dave: Yeah. We had just
是的,我们刚刚开始表演...
Suddenly the curtains went up.
curtain: 窗帘 go up: 被烧毁
突然间幕帘燃起来了,
Everything happened really fast after that.
之后火势非常迅猛。
-Collins: That's okay. We know how hard this has got to be.
没关系,我们明白这很艰难。
-Dave: So... Have they figured out how the fire started?
figure out: 查出,到
那么...你们查出怎么起火的吗?
-Collins: We know it was arson.
arson: 蓄意纵火
我们知道有人蓄意纵火。
-Dave: Really?
是吗?
-Lyons: It's looking like the point of origin was the storage room off the back hallway.
origin: 源头 storage: 库房,杂货房 hallway: 走廊
看起来火源是走廊后面的库房,
-Collins: And there was a body in there, too.
在那还发现了一具尸体。
-Dave: And you think that's the person who started the fire?
你们觉得是他放的火?
-
Collins: No, we don't think so.
不是,
But this guy was pretty badly burned so it'll take us a while to identify him.
identify: 辨认,识别
这家伙被烧的很惨,辨认他的身份要花些时间。
Anyway, if you, uh, remember anything you think we should know,
总之...如果你想起什么的话,
Give a call at that number there. All right?
就打这个电话,好吧?
-Lyons:
Aren't you the one who went back in and saved that Delfino guy?
你不就是那个冲回去救Delfino的人吗?
-Dave: Yeah.
是我。
-Collins: You're an honest to god hero.
honest: 诚实的
你可真是个大英雄,
You should be real proud of yourself.
proud: 骄傲
绝对值得为自己骄傲。
-Dave: If you say so.
非要这么说的话...是吧。
-Katherine: I would've come sooner
, but I burnt the first batch,
batch: 一批
我本来可以早点来的,但第一炉被我烧糊了。
And I wasn't sure you'd appreciate the irony.
appreciate: 欣赏 irony: 讽刺
不想让你联想到讽刺意味。
-Mike: I'm so hungry, I wouldn't have noticed.
notice: 注意
我这么饿,根本注意不到。
Hey, can I get a kiss from my cookie?
cookie: 饼干【这里理解为“小甜心,小可爱”】
嘿,我的小甜心能亲我一下吗?
-Katherine: Mike!
Mike!
What if someone sees us?
被别人看见怎么办?
-Mike: What if they do?
看见怎么了?
You haven't told Susan we're dating yet.
你还没和Susan说我们在约会吗?
-
Katherine: I'm waiting for the right time.
我想等时机对了再说,
Her friendship's very important to me, and I want to ease her into this.
ease: 使安心
她是个很重要的朋友,我想慢慢来。
-Mike: Okay. I get it.
好吧,我知道了。
-Katherine: See ya.
再见。
-Mike: Just walk out slowly.
能不能慢慢的走出去,
Give me something to live for.
live for: 为…而生活
多看一眼你的背影,给我点坚持下去的动力。
-Katherine: Susan.
Susan。
How's Jackson?
Jackson怎么样?
-Susan: Uh, he's fine, just getting some stitches.
stitch: 缝针
他还好,缝了几针,那个谁...
Wait, who are you here to see?
等下,你来看谁的?
-Katherine: everybody.
就是...所有人。
So many people in the neighborhood were hurt in the fire.
neighborhood: 邻居
很多邻居都在火灾中受伤了,
I just thought it would be nice to gifts.
我觉得应该给他们带点...小礼物。
-Susan: Crap! I didn't get anyone gifts.
糟糕! 我什么礼物都没带。
But I did give blood, so I’ll just remind everybody that I did that.
remind: 提醒
但我献血了,我就告诉每个人我献血了就行了吧。
How you feeling? I just gave blood.
你怎么样? 我刚献血了。
-Mike: Uh, I'm fine, just a little smoke inhalation.
inhalation: 吸入
我很好,就是被烟呛了而已。
How's Jackson doing?
读最后一头战象有感Jackson怎么样?
-Susan: Oh, fine. He just needs some stitches.
哦,也很好,只是缝几针。
Ooh, those cookies look delicious. Where'd you get them?
delicious: 美味的
噢,这些饼干看起来真好吃。谁给你送的?
-Mike: A friend. Have one.
一个朋友,吃一块吧。
-Susan: Oh, I shouldn't. They're yours.
不行,这是你的。
-Mike: You know you want to.
你想吃的。
-Susan: Well, I did just give blood.
好吧,反正我刚献血了。
-
Mike: Attractive.
看起来不错。
-Susan: Mm, I hate macadamia nuts.
macadamia: 澳洲坚果树
哦,我讨厌夏威夷坚果。
You think they're white chocolate chips until it's too late. Stupid Hawaii.
chip: 薄片 Hawaii: 夏威夷
等你意识到它不是白巧克力条时已经太晚了,白痴的夏威夷。
Who made them?
这是谁做的?
-Mike: Like I
said, a friend.
我刚说了,一个朋友。
-Susan: Yeah. But what friend?
我知道,什么朋友?
Wait. Is this a woman friend?
等等,是女性朋友吗?
-Mike: Um, don't you wanna throw that macadamia nut away?
wanna=want to: 想要 throw away: 扔掉
呃... 你不打算把那个夏威夷坚果扔了吗?
-Susan: When I’m done. Don't change the subject. Are you seeing someone?
subject: 主题
说完再扔,别转移话题,你是在和谁约会吗?
-Mike: Why do you care?
你为什么这么在意?
-Susan: I care because you mean a lot to me,
因为你对我来说意义重大。
And it makes me feel good knowing that two people have found love and happiness.
而且看到两个人到真爱让我非常高兴。
So what's her name? Who am I happy for?家庭如何制作葡萄酒
所以她是谁,我在替谁高兴?
-Mike: Susan, I’m not telling you.
Susan 我不会告诉你的。
-
Susan: Why not?
为什么不?
-Mike: Because she wants to tell you herself.
因为她想亲口告诉...你。
-Susan: So... I know her?
那...我认识她了?
-Mike: Whoa, I think my meds just kicked in.
med=medicine: 药 kick in:(药物)发生药性
哇,我的药劲上来了,
I don't know what I’m saying.
我不知道自己在胡说什么。
-
Susan: You're dating a friend of mine?
你在和我的朋友约会?
-Mike: Don't be angry.
别生气。
南智贤 朴炯植-Susan: I’m not, but now you have to tell me who she is.
我不生气,但你得告诉我是谁。
Fine.
好吧。
Have it your way.
随你。
Oh, if he ever needs a transfusion, you are not allowed to give him my blood.
transfusion: 输血 allow: 允许
哦,如果要给他输血,不许用我的。
-Bree: Hello, Dr. Cominis. How's my husband doing?
你好,Cominis医生我丈夫怎么样?
-Dr. Cominis: Well, the x-rays indicate there was no concussion,
indicate: 显示
X光显示没有脑震荡。
8023是什么意思So I think we're gonna release him today.
gonna=going to: 将要 release: 释放
所以,他今天就可以出院了。
-Bree: Wonderful. The house was too quiet without him.
太好了,他不在家都冷清了不少。
-Dr. Cominis: You'll have to wait to talk to him.
你要等会儿才能和他说话。
He's been in a lot of pain, so we gave him something to help him sleep.
为减轻痛苦我们刚开了点药让他睡下。
-Bree: Oh, that's all right. I can wait.
哦,没问题,我可以等。
Mmm, he looks so peaceful.
peaceful: 平静的
他看其来真平静。
Goodness. I'm sure if Orson were awake, he'd apologize for that.
awake: 清醒的 apologize: 道歉
上帝,我相信Orson要是知道肯定会道歉。
-Dr. Cominis: Has he always snored?
snore: 打鼾
他一直打鼾吗?
-Bree: Occasionally, but never quite this…
occasionally: 有时,偶尔
偶尔,但从来不像这样...
robustly.
robustly: 粗鲁地
豪放。
-
Dr. Cominis: Well, the injury to his septum might've made it worse.
septum: 隔膜
他的隔膜损伤有可能加
发布评论