绝望主妇第一季中英文剧本对白(1)
- MARY ALICE:: My name is Mary Alice Young.
我是Mary Alice Young
When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week.
当你浏览今天的晨报,可能会读到一篇文章关于上个星期我所渡过的不平常的一天。
Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life.
通常,我的生活里是没有什么有新闻报道价值的。
That all changed last Thursday.
但是上个星期四一切都改变了。
Of course everything seemed as normal at first.
一切看起来都很平常。
I made my breakfast for my family.
我给一家人做好早餐。
-MARY ALICE: Here we are. Waffles.
华夫饼来了。
- MARY ALICE: I performed my chores.
我做好了做家务。
I completed my projects.
完成我的手工作品。
I ran my errands.
完成我的使命。
In truth, I spent the day as I spend every other day quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
事实上, 和平时没什么不同——一切都和往常一样,直到一件不寻常的事情的发生。
That's why it was so astonishing
这就是为什么一切令人震惊
when I decided to go to my hallway closet to retrieve a revolver that had never been used. decide to
当我决定走向走廊的壁橱,拿起一把从没用过的。
- MARY ALICE: My body was discovered by my neighbor, Mrs. Martha Huber,
我的尸体是被我的邻居Martha Huber发现的,
who had been startled by a strange popping sound.
她被一声奇怪的声音吓了一跳。
Her curiosity aroused,
她觉得很好奇,
Mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.
未通知的Huber太太想了一个来不请自来的理由。
After some initial hesitation, she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me 6 months before.
在犹豫了一会之后,她决定来归还她6个月前从我这里借去搅拌器。
-MRS HUBER: It’s my neighbor.
这就是我的邻居。
I think she's been shot, there's blood everywhere.
我觉得她被击了,到处都是血。
Yes, you've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now!
是的,赶紧派救护车,叫救护车。
-MARY ALICE: And for a moment, Mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen grief-stricken by this senseless tragedy.
过了一会之后,Huber太太呆呆地站在厨房里, 因为这件事情而感到极度悲伤。
But, only for a moment.
但是只有那么一会。
If there was one thing Mrs. Huber was known for, it was her ability to look on the bright side.
如果说Huber最大的特点,就是她总能把事情往好的方面想。
他撕掉了搅拌器上我的名字。
I was laid to rest on a Monday.
星期一人们把我安葬了。
After the funeral, all the residents of Wisteria Lane came to pay their respects.
葬礼之后,所有住在wisteria lane人都来表示他们对我的怀念和尊敬,
And as people do in this situation, they brought food.
就像人们在这种情况下通常会做的,他们送来点吃的。
Lynette Scavo brought fried chicken.
Lynette Scavo带了炸鸡。
Lynette had a great family recipe for fried chicken.
Lynette有一个大家,大家都喜欢炸鸡。
Of course, she didn’t cook much as she was moving up the corporate ladder.
nice是什么中文意思当然,当她还是个职业女性的时候,她很少做饭。
She didn’t have the time.
她没有时间。
-MARY ALICE: But when her doctor announced Lynette was pregnant, her husband Tom had an idea.
但是当她的医生告诉她怀孕了的时候, 他的丈夫Tom想了个办法。
Why not quit your job? Kids do much better with stay-at-home mums; it was so much
为什么不辞职呢?妈妈待在家里带出来的孩子会比较好,而且这样压力也比较小。
But this was not the case.
但是事实并非如此。
In fact, Lynette’s life had become so hectic she was now forced to get her chicken from a fast food restaurant.
事实上,Lynette的生活变得如此兴奋,她不得不去快餐店买一只炸鸡。
Lynette would have appreciated the irony of it if she stopped to think about it,
Lynette 如果仔细想想,可能会明白这是反话,
but she couldn’t. She didn’t have the time.
但是她不能,她没有时间。
-LYNETTE: Hey, hey, hey, hey!
嗨,嗨,嗨,嗨!
Stop it, stop it, stop it. Stop it.
住手!
-PRESTON: But Mom!
但是,妈妈!
-LYNETTE: No, you are going to behave today.
不,你们今天乖一点。
I am not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood.
我不想在大家面前丢脸。
And, just so you know how serious
我是认真的……
-PRESTON: What’s that?
那是什么?
-LYNETTE: Santa’s cell-phone number.
Santa的电话号码。
-PORTER: How’d you get that?
你怎么知道的?
-LYNETTE: I know someone, who knows someone, who knows an elf.
我认识个朋友,她的朋友里有人认识一个小恶魔。
And if anyone of you acts up, so help me, I will call Santa and tell him you want socks for Christmas.
所以,今天如果你们谁捣蛋,我马上打电话给Santa,我会告诉他,你们圣诞节只要短袜就可以了。
You willing to risk that?
想试试么?
-
SCAVO kids: Uh-uh! (all shake their heads vehemently)
唔!(他们都猛烈地摇头)
-LYNETTE: Okay.
好的。
-LYNETTE: Let’s get this over with.
,那么我们把这个收起来。
-MARY ALICE: Gabrielle Solis, who lives down the block, brought a spicy paella.
Gabrielle Solis,住在街区的后面, 带了辣肉菜饭。
Since her modeling days in New York, Gabrielle had developed a taste for rich food and rich men.
自从她开始在纽约当模特以来, 她对食物和有钱男人的品味渐渐提高。
Carlos, who worked in mergers and acquisitions, proposed on their third date.
Carlos在并购公司上班,在他们第三次约会的时候,他向Gabrielle求婚了。
Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes.
Gabrielle看见他眼眶中的泪水时,被感动了。
But she soon discovered this happened every time Carlos closed a big deal.