欲望号街车 A Streetcar Named Desire 中英文剧本
NEW ORLEANS RAILROAD STATION
新奥尔良火车站
Can I help you, ma'am.
我能为你作什么,夫人?
Why, they told me to take a streetcar named Desire,
哦,他们说我需要乘欲望号街车
and then transfer to a one called Cemeteries 
再转乘公墓号街车
and  ride six blocks and get off at Elysian Fields!
坐大概六个街区就可以到达天堂区!
Here's your car now.
哦,您要乘的车就在那儿
thanks
谢谢你
NEW ORLEANS STREET
新奥尔良街
…and so when he got home she was just waitin'.
当他回家的时候,她正等着呢...
Madame, honey, you lost?
亲爱的夫人,你迷路了?
Un-I'm looking for Elysian fields.
nice是什么中文意思
呃,我在天堂区
This here is Elysian Fields. 
这就是啦
what number you're lookin' for?
你几号啊?
Six forty-two
642号
You need to look no further
那你不用啦,就这
I'm looking for my sister, Stella Dubois.
我我的妹妹,丝黛拉.杜包尔斯
I Stanley Kowalski.
我是说斯坦利.科瓦斯基夫人
Gee! That's the party all right,
就是这里了
but you sure just did miss her.
你不认识?
(completely bewildered) This? 
就是这里? 
Can-this be-her home?
这就是她的家?
She's got to the downstairs here and I got the up.
她住楼下,我住楼上
Oh, She's -out?
哦,她出去了吗?
You noticed that bowling alley up the street?
你看见街上那家保龄球馆了吗?
Why, I'm not sure I did
我没注意
Well, that's where she's at, honey.
她就在那儿,亲爱的
she's watchin' her husband bowl.
她在看她老公打保龄
BOWLING ALLEY
保龄球馆
Blanche! Blanche, hon!
布兰奇!布兰奇!亲爱的
Stella! Oh, Stella! Stella for Star!
丝黛拉!哦,丝黛拉!
Oh, my darling now let me look at you,
哦,亲爱的,让我看看你
But don't you look at me, Stella, 
但别看我,丝黛拉 
no, no, no!
千万不要!
I can't be looked at in this merciless gtare!
你这么紧紧盯着我我要受不了的
Did you find my place?
你到我家了吗?
Stella, what are you doing in a place like that?
丝黛拉,你怎么会住在那里?
Never, never, never in my worst dreams could I picture-only Poe!
我从来没有见过这种地方,就是恶梦中也没有
Only Mr.Edger Allen Poe could do justice to it.
只有艾德格.爱伦.坡的小说才会提及这么糟糕的地方
What are you doing in that horrible place?
你在那里做什么?
Oh, What I am saying?
哎呀,我都说什么啦
I didn't mean to say that.
我不是有心说这些的
I meant to be nice about it and say-
我意思是说那很漂亮
o
h, what  convenient location  and such Precious Lamb!
交通这么方便,还有你这么好的人!
你干嘛不对我说点什么啊
You haven't said  a word to me.
You haven't given me a chance to, honey!
Now you talk. Open your pretty mouth and talk.
亲爱的,你一直没给我插嘴的机会啊
恩,那你说吧,张开你美丽的小嘴,快说啊
Come and see my Stanley first.
先来见见我的斯坦利
No, no! Not now.
不!现在不要
But just say hello.
只是问声好嘛
Oh, which is he?  Which one-which one is he?
噢,哪个...哪个是他?
The one that's making all the rhubarb.  Isn't he wonderful looking?
就是那个一直在吵的,他是不是很帅?
Stella , I can't meet him now,  not till I 'm bathed and dressed.
丝黛拉,我不能现在见他,我得先洗澡换衣服
Would you like a cold drink?
你想不想喝点冷饮?
Oh, bless you! What a lovely inspiration!
哦,当然
COCKTAIL LOUNG
休息厅
How would you like some pop?
想不想来点爆米花
Pop?  Oh, not with my nerves tonight!
爆米花?不,今晚不想要
A scotch for me, please.
给我杯苏格兰威士忌吧
Oh, great!
哦,好的!
You haven't asked me  how I happened to get away
你还没有问我为什么会...
from the school before the spring term ended.
在春季学期结束前离开学校呢
Well, I thought you'd volunteer that information if you wanted to tell me.
这么嘛,你想说的话自然会告诉我了
You thought I'd been fired? 
你认为我被开除了吗? 
No, I-thought you might have-resigned…
不,我想你可能辞职了吧...
I was so exhausted by all I'd been through my nerves broke.
发生了好多事,我太累了,精疲力尽,神经快崩溃了
I was on the verge of-lunacy, almost!
我快要神经失常了
So, Mr. Graves-Mr.Grave is the high school superintendent.
所以格雷夫先生...哦,格雷夫先生是我们高中的校长
Thank you
谢谢你
He suggested I take a leave of absence.
他建议我先停职
I couldn't put all of those details into the wire.
我电报上说不了这么多具体细节
Oh, this buzzes right through me and feels so good!
哦,这酒真棒!
Would you like another!
再来一杯?
If you don't mind. 
好的,要是你不介意的话 
You haven't say a word about my appearance.
你还没有告诉我,我看起来怎么样?
You look fine.
你很好啊
God love you for a liar!
你骗人嘛
Daylight never exposed so total a ruin!
阳光怎么可能照到废墟上呢
But you-you've put on some weight.
不过你变胖了
Yes you're just as plump as a little partridge!
好像一只胖胖的小鹌鹑
And it's so becoming to you
你这样好多了
Now, Blanche!
别说啦,布兰奇
Yes, it is-it is or I wouldn't say it.
事实如此嘛,不然我才不会说
You just have to watch around the hips a little.
不过你得注意一下你的臀部的形状啦
I want you to look at my figure.
你看看我
You know I haven't put on one ounce in ten years, Stella?
丝黛拉,你知道吗?我十年都没有增加一盎司的重量
I weight now what I weighed the summer you left Bella Reve,
我和你离开贝尔立夫时的那个夏天一样重
the summer Dad died and  you left us…
就是那个夏天,爸爸死了,你离开了我们
It's just incredible, Blanche,  how well you look.
真不可思议,布兰奇,你保养的真好
Are you sure you don't want another?
你不想再要一杯了吗?
Well, well, maybe just one little tiny nip more,
嗯,那就再要那么一点点吧
sort of to put the stopper on, so to speak…
就喝一点
Now don't get worried,  you sister hasn't turned into a drunkard,
你别担心,你还没有变成醉鬼
She's just all shaken up and hot and dirty and tired.
她只不过有点受惊,很热,很脏,很累
Waiter! Waiter!
服务生!服务生!
STELLA'S FLAT
丝黛拉的公寓
You want it hot?
你想水热点吗?
Scalding.
滚烫才好呢
Stella!
丝黛拉!
What is it, hon?
怎么啦,亲爱的?
there's only two rooms,
这只有两个房间
I don't see where you're going to put me?
你让我住哪里?
We're going to put you right in here.
就这里吧
Well, what kind of bed's this-one of those collapsible things?
哦,这是什么床啊,不会倒吧?
Does it feel all right?
感觉如何?
Oh, wonderful, honey, I don't like a bed that gives much.
恩,很好,我不喜欢很硬的床
But Stella! There's no door between the two rooms, 
但是丝黛拉!这两个房间中间没有门啊
and Stanley-will it be decent?
而斯坦利,你觉得他是个正经人吗?
Stanley is Polish, you know.
斯坦利是波兰人
Oh, yes. Something like Irish, isn't it?
哦,是吗,好像爱尔兰人,是不是?
Well- I brought some nice clothes  to meet all your lovely friends in
我带了不少好衣服,可以穿着它们见你的可爱的朋友们
Well, I'm afraid you won't think they are lovely.
我看你不会觉得他们可爱的
Well-anyhow-I brought nice clothes and I'll ware them.
这个,不管怎样,我带了漂亮衣服,我要穿的
I guess you're hoping I'll say I'll put up at a hotel,
我想,你是不是希望我去住旅馆啊
but I'm not going to put up at a hotel.
我可不去
I've got to be near you, Stella. I've got to be with you, Stella.
我要靠着你,丝黛拉 我要和你在一起,丝黛拉
I can't be alone! Because -  as you must have no
ticed 
我不能一个人,因为,就像你看到的
I'm - not very well…
我不是很好...
You do seem a little…
你看起来确实有点...
Will Stanley like me,  or will I just be a visiting in-law?
斯坦利会喜欢我吗,还是只是把我当成你的亲戚?
I couldn't stand that, Stella.
我可忍受不了他这样,丝黛拉
You'll get along fine together,
你们会相处的很好的
- if you'll just try not to compare him with an officer. - He was an officer?
- 只要你别拿他和警察比较 - 他以前是警察?
He was a Master Sergeant in the Engineer's Corps. Decorated four times!
他以前是二级军士长,四次被授勋!
He had those on when you met him?
你碰到他时他戴着那些吗?
I assure you I wasn't just blinded by all the brass.
我可不是被那些迷住的
That's not what I…
我不是那样的...
But of course there were things  to adjust myself to later on.
但是的确有些事情我原来不知道
Such as his civilian background!
好像他其实是平民?
How did he take it when you said I was coming?
你告诉她我要来的时候他怎么说的?
Oh, he's on the road a good deal… and…
哦,他那时不在这里,而且...
Oh, travels? Good! I mean- isn't it…
去旅行了?太好了!我是说,这难道不...
I can hardly stand it when he is away for a night…
我可受不了他不在我身边,哪怕只有一夜...
Why? Stella!
为什么?丝黛拉!
when he's away for a week I nearly go wild!
他要是离开我一周,我就要疯了
Gracious!
天啊
And when he comes back I cry on his lap like a baby…
当他回来的时候,我抱着他哭的像个小孩...
I guess that is what is meant by being in love…
嗯,这就是爱的感觉吧...
Stella, I- haven't asked you the things  you probably thought I was going to ask.
丝黛拉,有些事情你可能会觉得我要问你,但是我没有问
And so I'll expect you to be understanding about what I haven't to tell you.
所以,我希望你也可以理解有些事情我没告诉你
What, Blanche?
什么事情,布兰奇?
You're going to reproach me, Stella.
你会骂我的,丝黛拉
I know that you're bound to reproach me-  but before you do -
我知道你一定会骂我的,但是在这之前
take into consideration- you left!  I stay and struggled!
想想看,你离开了!我一个人留在那里奋斗!
You come to New Orleans and looked out for yourself.
你来了新奥尔良,自己照顾自己
I stayed at Belle Reve and tried to hold it together!
而我待在贝尔立夫,希望可以保住它
Oh, I'm not meaning this in any reproachful way,
哦,我不是责怪你啊
but all the burden descended on my shoulders.
但的确那些责任都落在我
肩上了
- The best I could do was make my own living, Blanche. - I know, I know.
- 布兰奇,我只能自己照顾自己 - 我知道,我知道
But you are the one that abandoned Belle Reve, not I!
但是是你离开的,不是我
- I stayed and fought for it, bled for it, almost died for it! - Stop this hysterical outburst and tell me what's happened. 
- 我待在那里,努力奋斗,流血流汗,差点死掉了! - 别这么歇斯底里啦,告诉我到底发生了什么
Oh, Stella. I knew you would… I knew you would take this attitude about it! 
哦,丝黛拉,我知道你会这样的... 我知道你会用这种态度对待...
- About-What-? Please? - The Loss- The loss… 
- 对待什么? - 失败,失败...
- Belle Reve? Lost, is it? - Yes.
- 贝尔立夫? 我们失去它了? - 是的
But how did it go? What happened?
怎么发生的,怎么回事?
- You're a fine to ask me how it want! - Blanche! 
- 你好意思问我怎么回事 - 布兰奇
- You're a fine one to stand there accusing me of it ! - Blanche! Blanche! 
- 你好意思站在那里,问我怎么回事 - 布兰奇!布兰奇!
I, I, I took the blows in my face and my body! All of those deaths! The long parade to the graveyard! 
我,我一个人,面对那些人的逝去,那么长时间的努力
Father, mother! Margaret, that dreadful way! You just came home in time for the funerals, Stella. 
爸爸,妈妈,玛格丽特,真好像恶梦一样, 而你,丝黛拉,你只不过回来参加一下葬礼
And funerals are pretty compared to deaths. How do you think all that sickness and dying was paid for? 
和死亡相比,葬礼可是漂亮的很啊 你觉得那些病痛和死亡该怎么补偿?
Death is expensive, Miss Stella! And I and my pitiful salary at the school. 
对付死亡可是很昂贵的,丝黛拉 而我只有自己,还有我学校的那么点薪水
You, accuse me! Stand there and stare at me. Tinking I let the place to! 
你指责我!你站在那里瞪着我,认为是我造成的?
I let the place go? Where were you? In bed with your-Polack! 
我让那里变成那样的,那你在哪?和你的波兰佬在床上!
- Blanche! You be still! That's enough! - Oh, Stella, Stella, you're  crying! 
- 布兰奇!站住!别说了! - 哦,丝黛拉,你怎么哭啦!
Does that surprise you?
这很让你吃惊吗?
- Hey, are we going to play it out tonight? - No, not at my house. My mother's still sick. 
- 嘿,我们晚上玩一晚好不好? - 不能在我家里,我妈妈还病着呢
- All right. You bring the beer! - (off scene) Break it up down there! 
- 好吧,你拿啤酒来! - 别上来! 
- I made the spaghetti dish and ate it myself. - Now, now, honey, I told you and phoned you we was playing Jax beer 
- 我做了意大利面,然后吃