"你要察看神的作为:"
"因神使为曲的谁能变直呢?"
传道书第七章第十三节
"我认为人类不但破坏大自然"
"而且大自然也希望我们如此"
威勒德佳林
变种异煞
欢迎来到盖特卡公♥司♥
Welcome to Gattaca.
"不久的未来"
你的工作站很干净嘛杰隆
You keep your work station so clean, Jerome.
"干净才能接近神圣"
It's next to godliness.
-人们不是常这么说吗?  -"神圣"?
- Isn't that what they say? - "Godliness."
我看过你的飞行计划了
I reviewed your flight plan.
在一百万次按键里没有一个错误
Not one error in a million keystrokes.
很棒!由你这样的人带领我们去提坦就对了
Phenomenal. It's right that someone like you is taking us to Titan. 委员会通过这项任务了没有?
Has the committee approved the mission?
有人说可能会推迟
There's been talk of delay.
不要随便听信别人的话
You shouldn't listen to talk.
一星期后你就能升空了
You leave in a week.
等会儿去接受检查
You've got a substance test.
如果你收到检查通告
If you have been notified for
请到检验中心报到
piease report to the testing center.
杰隆你从不感到不好意思该尿就尿
Never shy. Pisses on command.
你那个长得很棒哦杰隆我有没有跟你提过?
I ever tell you that's a beautiful piece of equipment?
我每一次来你都这样讲
Every time I'm here.
这叫职业病
Occupational hazard.
我每天都会看到一大堆
I see many in the course of any day.
你的只是一个特殊例子
Yours happens to be an exceptional example.
不晓得我爸妈为什么不帮我订一个那样的
I don't know why my folks didn't order one like that for me. "合格:莫洛杰隆"
By
对了我有没有跟你提过我儿子?
have I told you about my son?
-没你没提过  -下回提醒我吧
- No, you haven't. - Remind me to sometime.
你马上就要升空了嘛
So you're about to go up.
剩下一星期了
One week left.
拜托告诉我你有一点点兴奋
Please tell me you're excited.
周末再告诉你
I'll tell you at the end of the week.
恭喜杰隆
Congratulations, Jerome.
谢谢
Thank you.
一天内会发射几趟?十几次吧?
How many launches are there in a day? A dozen? Sometimes more.
你是唯一一个每次都看的人
You're the only one who watches them all.
如果你想继续假装不在乎的样子就别往上看
If you're going to pretend like you don't care, don't look up. 最平淡无奇的一件事
The most unremarkabie of events.
杰隆·莫洛首席宇航员
Jerome Morrow, navigator
马上就要执行为期一年的提坦载人任务
is about to embark on a one-year manned mission 也就是土星的第十四个卫星
the 14th moon of Saturn.
这是一个人人称羡的任务但对于杰隆来说
A highiy prestigious assignment.
从一出生就注定要担当这个任务
seiection was virtuaiiy guaranteed at birth.
他具备了这个任务所需要的所有条件
He's biessed with aii the gifts required for such an undertaking. 优生学中的上上之选
A genetic quotient second to none.
不过杰隆·莫洛的成长之路
No, there is truiy
倒没有什么特别之处
about the progress ofJerome Morrow.
除了一点...我并不是杰隆·莫洛
Except that I am notJerome Morrow.
我妈在里维耶拉受孕
I was conceived in the Riviera.
但那不是法国的里维耶拉而是别克的一种车款
Not the French Riviera, the Detroit variety.
人家说因爱诞生的小孩
They used to say that a chiid conceived
快乐的机率比较大
has a greater chance of happiness.
但这种话如今已听不到了
They don't say that anymore.
我不晓得我母亲为什么会宁愿相信主
I'ii never understand what possessed my mother to put 而非她当地的遗传学家
in God's hands rather than those of her iocai geneticist.
十根手指头和十根脚趾头一直以来只要这样就够了
Ten fingers, ten toes. That's aii that used to matter.
但现在就不同了宝宝出生几秒钟
Not now. Now, oniy
未来的死因和时间就已经能断定
the exact time and cause of my death was aiready know.
患精神病的机率是60%
Neurological condition: 60% probability.
患躁郁症的机率是42%
Manic depression: 42% probability.
注意力不集中的机率是89%
Attention deficit disorder: 89% probability.
患心脏病的机率...
是99%
99% probability.
早衰的机率偏高
Early fatal potential.
寿命预估是30.2岁
Life expectancy: 30.2 years.
三十岁?
Thirty years.
要取什么名字
The name?
-安东...  -不!
- Anton. - No!
是文生安东
Vincent Anton.
对...这是个好名字
千钓一发
Yeah. That's a good name.
我知道他以后一定会出人头地你会干一番事业的
I know he'll do something.
我从小便知道别人对我的看法
From an eariy age I came to think of myseif as others thought of me. 老是生病每次膝盖碰破或是流鼻涕
Chronicaiiy iii. Every skinned knee and
都会被视为攸关人命般大
was treated iike it was iife-threatening.
抱歉他的状况不在投保范围内
I'm sorry. The insurance won't cover it.
-万一跌倒...  -但有人告诉我...
- If - I was
这个我无能为力
I wish there was something I could do.
跟当时其它父母亲一样的是
Like most parents of
他们决心怀下一个孩子时
they were determined that their next chiid wouid
一定要从善如流筛选基因
in what has become the naturai way.
梅莉你的卵子
Your extracted eggs,
已经和安东尼奥的精♥子♥结合
have been fertilized with Antonio's sperm.
在筛选之后剩下两个健康的男孩
After screening, we are left with two
还有两个非常健康的女孩
and two very healthy girls.
当然不会有
Naturally, no critical predispositions
危险疾病遗传的倾向
to any major inheritable diseases.
接下来只剩下选择最佳人选
All that remains is to select the most compatible candidate.
首先我们要决定的是性别问题
First, we let's decide on gender.
你们考虑过这个问题没有?
Have you given it any thought?
我们希望文生有个弟弟你知道的
We would want Vincent to have a brother,
让他有个玩伴
to play with.
当然可以你好文生!
Of course. Hello, Vincent.
你提过要淡褐眼睛深头发和白皙皮肤
You have specified hazel eyes, dark hair and fair skin.
我已经除去了一些
I've taken the liberty of eradicating any
潜在的不利因子
potentially prejudicial conditions.
比方像早龄秃头和近视
Premature baldness,
酗酒和易成瘾性
alcoholism and
暴♥力♥倾向肥胖等等
propensity for violence, obesity, etc.
我们不要...  我是指疾病没错但...
We didn' Diseases, yes,
但我们希望保留一些东西让它自♥由♥发展
We were just wondering if it's good to leave a few things to chance? 我们希望两位的孩子天生下来就是最好的
You want to give your child the best possible start.
请相信我人类已经有很多遗传缺失
Believe me, we have enough imperfection built in already.